My students usually come up to the room for lunch time. With Halloween just a few days away, we decided that we would make our Frankenstein Pudding faces during lunch. We used vanilla instant pudding, 1 package of Oreo cookies, and green food coloring.
Very EASY Steps:
- make the vanilla instant pudding in a large bowl
- add food coloring
- have students crush 2 Oreo cookies (without the filling) in a baggie
- students draw a face on their cups using a Sharpie
- fill up their cups with pudding
- finally they add their hair (Oreos)
Sorry about the half eaten face, I forgot to take a picture before they began to chow down.
The faces were so cute. The "hair" on top was too funny. They really got a kick out of that.
As you can see from the photos, they had lots of fun. Many times I tend to forget that being in 5th grade doesn't mean they no longer care for silly activities. They are young children with very high expectations on them. This activity was their "massage". We are now trying to figure out an easy, yet delicious, cookery activity for November. Any ideas?