Thursday, February 20, 2014

Love & Friendship

I feel so behind...but here's a look at our day.
Valentine's Day was so much fun for my kiddos. I know it is a commercialized holiday, but I love it nonetheless. My hubby and I are pretty low-key about the day, eating at our favorite Japanese restaurant and sharing an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. This year, that cake disappeared too quickly--teenage boys.
In the classroom, I love the excitement that builds up to the "BIG" day. My kiddos can't contain their excitement to pass out their cards and goodies. I love that my students are so engaged and eager, and the whole time they are learning.  I have posted a few pics of our activities.

 The poem is from Dedee Wills February Poetry Collection- I have the year bundle. They are absolutely FAB.U.LOUS! We read Monster Love. It is an absolutely wonderful story about a monster that feels like he doesn't belong, until he finds someone that loves "him". It is my new favorite book.


 The heart craft idea I got online, but I can no longer find the link. If you know whose idea this is, please let me know to credit them. My kiddos wrote a note to their parents on back by completing the sentence stem, "If you'll be my Valentine..." Their letters were very touching.


They came out so cute!

  The vertical contraction came form Aimee over at Primarily Speaking. Both of these crafts were a perfect/cute way to practice our contractions.
 Of course we did candy sorting and graphing.

We made Love Potion Floats - Cherry 7-Up, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a maraschino cherry.

 These were the goodies we made for the kiddos. They filled up their baggie with Valentine goodies and cards.
This is my absolutely WON.DER.FUL. student teacher reading Pete the Cat Valentine's Day Is Cool. She bought it for the class and dedicated it to them--aaahhh! I'm going to miss her so much when she's gone.


That is a wrap.
I hope your day was filled with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover